Saturday, May 12, 2012

Remembering my Coleco ADAM!

Everyone remembers their first computer.  Well, maybe not the kids who grew up in the era of IBM-compatible PCs?  But, if you came of age in the 80s, you remember the dawn of home computing.  I do.  I remember my first computer.  It was a slightly off-beat choice.  It was a Coleco ADAM.  It had everything a computer neophyte needed in one neat package.  You got a daisy wheel printer.  You got an integrated Word Processor.  You got a tape drive.  You got a console game system.  You got IBM-compatible SmartBASIC.  It was a smart buy!  Read more reasons to buy a Coleco ADAM in my review here -
Retro Gaming Review:  Why We Bought A Coleco ADAM


Amazingly, you can still find used books about the Coleco ADAM on Amazon. This one has programs specifically designed for the ADAM: 32 BASIC Programs for the Coleco ADAM Computer

No comments:

Post a Comment