Thursday, August 7, 2014

The 1975 Chrysler Cordoba in Pictures




Do you remember the Chrysler commercials featuring Ricardo Montalban?  Everyone in the 70s could imitate his beautiful enunciation of the phrase "rich Corinthian leather."

Here is one that I found at a Goodwill down in Florida a few years ago.  Of course, I couldn't take on an old car project at the time.  But, I did snap a few pictures!  It is quite a portrait of the 70s . . .


When was the last time you saw coach lights on a car to guide your entry at night.  That is luxury ladies and gentlemen . . .


The car actually is the Cordoba.  I thought it was the Cordova and that Ricardo Montalban was simply being exotic with his Spanish accent.


 This thing is called a trunk.  The Chrysler Cordoba could probably hold Jimmy Hoffa and several of his "associates." 


I like the scroll work on the Cordoba's tail lights.  It's a little over the top.  But, it gives this vintage car a luxury touch.


Of course, whitewall tires are standard retro equipment.  These look new.


Alas, here it is:  The 1975 Chrysler Cordoba.  Perhaps, it is a car that I should have bought!



No comments:

Post a Comment