Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Expanding and Improving Your Dirt Cheap Stereo

Completing a dirt cheap retro stereo isn't the end of a project.  It's actually the beginning of a platform that can grow and expand to meet your household's music needs.  Once I put my stereo together, I started thinking more deeply about how the components were working and what additions and improvements I would like to make.

Retro Stereo - Vintage Technics + New Insignia CD Changer

If you are building your own dirt cheap stereo, here are some thoughts about how you can improve it:


One sensible addition, might be a modern CD changer. It can protect your valued CD collection from scratches and breakage in a stubborn old CD player.


Since vinyl has been making a strong comeback and vintage turntables are getting expensive, you may just want to buy a new turntable.


As for me, I ended up buying a sensibly priced new CD changer and playing with different inexpensive thrift store speaker combinations.


No comments:

Post a Comment